What happens when mom naps? Well…
For some reason I can’t remember, I hardly slept Saturday night. By Sunday afternoon I was a zombie. So, I took a short nap. What’s the worst that could happen?
The hairspray fiasco, that’s what happened.
While snoozing I became aware of a sickening flowery smell. At first I thought nothing of it, but the smell kept growing in size and shape.
I snapped awake. My bathroom doors were shut and the lights were on. Uh. Oh.
I yanked open the door. The scent choked me, but I knew I was in trouble because the closet door was shut too. And I heard Rachel inside.
I jerked the door open. A cloud of hair salon and a wild-eyed Rachel greeted me. My heart thumped in my ears. Would hair spray make her sick? Was it like inhaling paint fumes? What should I do?
I chased her out to the living room and started airing out the rooms. But it wasn’t a quick fix. Even with three fans, tons of vacuuming, and an open window the room still reeked.
Needless to say, last night was another sleepless one. The scent still lingers like an unwanted house pest. On the upside, though, check out those vacuum lines in my closet. It reminds me of a childhood friend’s living room–the kind children weren’t allowed to walk through because we would disturb the vacuum lines on the carpet.